Married couples can sponsor each other for a residency visa in UAE.
There are some restrictions when applying to sponsor your wife or husband.
1. Husband can sponsor their wife whether she is employed or not, and no matter what his occupation is.
2. The sponsor must have a salary of at least AED 4,000 per month, or AED 3,000 if the company provides accommodation.
3. Wives can only sponsor their husbands if she is in a restricted list of professions for example teacher, doctor, engineer or equivalent. She must have a minimum salary of AED 5,000. Dubai rules might be. more flexible on occupation if the wife is earning more than AED 10,000.
4. Daughters who are unmarried can be sponsored by a parent. Married daughters can be sponsored by their employer, educational institute if studying, or husband.
5. Sons up to the age of 16 can be sponsored by a parent, or up to 18 if they are a full-time student. If males are over 18 and want to study full-time in the UAE then check that the education institute can. sponsor them for a student's residence visa.
6. Parents of step-children will need permission from the biological father or guardian for sponsorship.